New Perfect Dark Game “In Rough Shape”, It’s Claimed

New Perfect Dark Game “In Rough Shape”, It’s Claimed

The new Perfect Dark game is reportedly in “rough shape”. That’s according to Jeff Grubb on the Giant Bombcast from May 7.

When talking about Xbox’s closure of four game studios, including Tango Gameworks and Arkane Austin, Grubb brought up the state of Perfect Dark as it stands now.

“The fallout from this (the layoffs), been hearing more and more — I’ve been hearing for years — that Perfect Dark is in a rough state. It Sounds like it’s in a very rough state,” he said.

“And it doesn’t sound like it’s really come together in any way since then (the game was announced in 2020) and [even with] Crystal Dynamics coming on board to help work on that..”

On top off what Grubb had to say, Alex Donaldson of VG247 added that the game’s development has been like pushing “a boulder up a steep hill”.

“I have some crazy stories about the development of that game I have not put in print out of respect for a team really trying hard to push a boulder up a steep hill,” he said. “But my patience is getting thin.”

Lastly both

This is the hidden content, please
and video game historian
corroborated Grubb’s initial report on the state of the game.

“From what little I have heard about the development of the new Perfect Dark, it sounds like a future video in the making,” Robertson said. “Just a big, protracted mess.”

Insider Gaming has reached out to Xbox for comment on the state of the new Perfect Dark game. As of publishing, and despite multiple attempts, no response has been received.

What do you think of the report on the new Perfect Dark game? For more Insider Gaming, check out what classic NES game is making its way to the Nintendo Switch in July

#Perfect #Dark #Game #Rough #Shape #Claimed